Cool kids

Love how blogger updates new layout templates that makes your blog looks hipster even though its not.

I thought my course would look hipster too

Yep that was what I had in mind when I was choosing my course, one of the most important choices in life, at least what many Asian parents and aunty uncles would say. I wanted something different than all other graduating classmates who were all taking medicine, medicine and medicine. I was torn apart on whether to follow the typical kiasu spirit of mine to choose a stable, high earning job like many were or to do something different. I told myself I would not be the former so I was deciding between clinical psych or speech pathology. Yet at times, when I see people wearing that sparkly white coat, saying how their clinical experiences were, along with mum teasing about how easy the requirements were for the courses I have chosen, I would think if I should aim higher or not 'waste' my results. But I shook off all the doubts and went into my decision of being a speechie.

Fast forward to more than a year later, I now have three deadlines next week and I'm blogging. Not blogging on how right or wrong my decision was or how I love or hate my course. But just realizing that there is no THE perfect course because there is no such thing as the perfect job.

Why is that so? Genesis 3 shows us this answer. Our labour on earth was supposed to be good and fruitful (still trying to imagine that) but the soil of this earth is now cursed. It will bear thorns and thistles and from the sweat of our brow we will eat food from it. Challenges in study and work has taught me the reality of this sinful world and how I am never to look onto anything in it as something that I could hold on to. That I could never expect life to be smooth sailing. That I might not reap whatever I sow.

BUT, thanks be to God that by His grace, Christ redeems His people into a holy nation, a royal priesthood. That whether I am a speech pathologist or a doctor, a barista or a clerk, I am able to be 'priest-ing' in whatever I do. That although there's painful labor, I could have real joy not in my identity as a speechie but hopefully and prayerfully as Christ's servant. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

回乡一趟。。。。

A VERY TRUE TOUCHING LOVE STORY...