The Journey

Such a waste of time I would say, sitting in the train or worst cramming like sardines in the lrt for 30 minutes just wasn't what I would look forward to. The journey was one of biggest downside of going to mckl such faraway land where it takes almost an hour to reach there.
I started getting used to the public transport. I know which coach to go to and has the least people. I know which end is the stairs the nearest to the train. I know which hour will be the craziest sardine pack and I know which station I can get a seat. Like this hour, after 6'30 in the morning you'll get a least probability to have a seat. Seeing the usual queue I went to wait at the reverse direction to the other terminal of the lrt. The lrt came empty as usual and I picked the last seat and made myself comfortable. It was a longer ride after all. Daydreamed for a moment before I took out my book and started reading. As the train arrive at the terminal I was waiting for the people of Gombak to come in with a little unsatisfied faces as usual to see their seats taken by people like me but a rapidkl guy came in and got us out instead. The train needs a service sigh, plan failed. Now we had to stand and cram and yet used up more time. But it reminded me that human can't plan things by their own, nothing is definite, probabilities are everywhere.

  Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money."

  Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.

  Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." 
James 3:13-15 


Yeap, human predictions and plannings are undependable, let alone luck.  There's no need of luck when there's a much greater One out there controlling everything. I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow. A wave tossed in the ocean. A vapor in the wind.
*continues singing Who Am I(Casting Crowns just in case)*
I sighed as I couldn't do anything when I'm standing. The only thing I felt like doing was to look and observe to just be alone in some sense by looking at yourself and other people looking at everything around is sometimes quite intriguing.

Then here comes the fun part. Surprises. Surprisingly, you get surprises on your journey, like our journey in life. When your thoughts are floating all around and the legs are like walking on it's own something or someone might just give you a surprise. When you're just caught up with yourself, other things would just come to knock. But it's delightful though, every time. Catching up with a good old friend is the usual favourite. You could talk for the whole thirty minutes or else avoiding being seen but peeping for thirty minutes.
 Rarely, more interesting events happen like talking to strangers happens. Helping the blind is common, but more fulfilling are offering lifts for old people home, help buying tickets, showing the way, or even telling people the time. Other than doing a little kindness, through the process pick up something to learn. One of my highlights was meeting a lady from the middle East and having a conversation with her. She asked for directions but ended up sharing her problems getting a stable life here to me. Sometimes talking to a stranger can be  more comfortable than a friend. Though it's quite impossible to meet these strangers again, our little something that happened there could be impacting as well(at least it was to me haha). As much as to brightens one day or even offer a little comfort or to just stir up a little compassion in myself there. I know it may seems fleeting, to just have a 'feel good' moment after doing a random act of kindness kinda thingy. But I guess day by day, it teaches me to be more alert and sensitive to other's needs which I need to work on myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

回乡一趟。。。。

A VERY TRUE TOUCHING LOVE STORY...